Well I finally told Rachel this morning that I'm leaving, so to stop me from feeling bad I thought I would make a list of the things I'm going to love about not working here anymore
* Not having to wear a uniform, I don't mind wearing corporate attire but this shirt sucks. It's badly fitted and mkes me look 13, and the print is just... wrong, it's just nurselike. I'm sure the nurses at John James or National Capital Private wear the same shirts, not good when you're working in a former retirement home. God I wish I had gotten to keep the stripy shirt that they gave me to start with, that one was cool.
* Phones that work, surely a government department will have a working phone system and not something that should be a collectors item.
* No more having to feel bad about charging people for faxes they receive, and charging them 2 thirds more than they pay to photocopy.
* No more tenants to not inform me when they have a new staff member or when one leaves. This one really gets me, I mean how the hell are we supposed to take a message for them if we don't know they exist. And for that matter, how are we supposed to send them said message if they aren't in our messaging system.
* No more having to either leave the house at 6:30am with Grant or 7:00 with Mum to get to work. On that point, no more of my mothers incapability of leaving the house at 7am, therefore making me catch a later bus into the city, and making me miss the bus to Watson/Downer by all of 3 minutes, which then means I walk in the door just in time to turn the phones off on time.
* No more getting less than 24hrs notice that a new tenant is moving in, and then to find the room hasn't been cleaned yet, which I said needed to be done a month ago btw. Let alone the fact that we need to get their phones connected and such basically today.
* No more listening to that damned beeping out the back. Our IT guy says he can't do anything about it until one of our tenants gets their own server, and the tenants IT guy says he is waiting for our IT guy to do something. Why can't these males just communicate! I just don't want to listen to the beeping anymore. I so can't wait til tomorrow!
Oh and the one that could be the kicker tomorrow, no more having to answer the phones for Emoh Data Labs at Watson. I haven't worked out there yet, let's see if I can keep a straight face :P
Centrelink called me again today for my DOB so I can get my APS no. :D